Monday, June 28, 2010

First Full Day @ WJMC

In the years I've had this blog, this is the first time I am actually "on assignment" as it were, so bear with me. When I was in D.C. last August I never expected that I would find myself here again so soon. Nevertheless, I am here once again, this time for a purpose other than sightseeing, and I intend to make the most of it. 
Today, for example, we went to the Newseum, a museum on Pennsylvania Avenue dedicated to the history and continued study of news and the media. Last year, I was in the middle of a whirlwind city tour, and therefore didn't stop very often to take in the experience. This time around was quite different. We had plenty of time to watch all the informative films, read about the exhibits, and explore the entire five-floor compound. 
Tonight I will be going to a seminar on the non-stop nature of news and the media, which I hope to learn a lot from. More tomorrow or tonight, cheers. 
Also, as a side note, I don't have any pictures because I didn't think a camera would be necessary seeing as I already have over a thousand pictures of the city from last summer. Sooo, don't look for any on these posts! 

No comments:

Blog Archive